Srinagar: After Eighteen days of strict house confinement and subsequent bar on communication, restrictions on Hurriyat Conference (G) Chairman, Syed Ali Geelani were today lifted by authorities in Delhi.
“An official in civvies today visited me and informed me that restrictions on my movement and communication have been lifted. I am planning to return to Srinagar soon”, Geelani told KNS over telephone from New Delhi.
The octogenarian separatist leader termed his confinement as illegal and unjustified.
“I have been kept under illegal confinement since February 9. No reasons or orders were given to me for the inhuman restrictions on my movement and contact with friends and family members either by the state government or the central government. Is this what the largest democracy of the world does”, asked Geelani.
He said several visitors who wanted to meet him were not allowed to enter his house. “Gulam Nabi Ratanpuri was not allowed to meet me and later he had to get permission. They did not allow Sanjay Kak to meet me either”, he added.
When asked whether he was contemplating legal measures against his illegal detention, he said, “Whose courts and whose law? How can one expect justice from them”, he said.” Still we will see what legal recourse we can take”, he added.

Post a Comment

Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred against any community. Let's work together to keep the conversation civil.

Sponsored

Powered by Blogger.