Riyadh: Police have arrested a man in Saudi Arabia for pouring boiling water on his wife following a dispute, a media report said Sunday.
The man, a drug addict, last week poured boiling water on his 35-year-old wife after she asked for divorce and the documents which he had hidden from her, Arab News reported.
The victim, a resident of Jazan city, said she had been subjected to violence by her husband for a long time.
The woman is now undergoing treatment for second degree burns on her body.
"He used to hit me, curse me and torture me. He reached a point where he would break my fingers, nose and arms," she said.
"I want my rights and compensation for the years of misery I endured with him, which got me to where I am now," the report quoted the woman as telling her neighbours.
Jazan Police spokesman Abdul Rahman Al-Zahrani told Arab News that the woman is undergoing treatment and that investigation into the incident is under way.
The woman, who has ten children, said her problems started a few years ago when her husband started using drugs and began abusing her.
(IANS)

Post a Comment

Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred against any community. Let's work together to keep the conversation civil.

Sponsored

Powered by Blogger.