Srinagar, April 21: He was just 13 when he stepped into the business of web developing, within a year he earned name and fame for making 10 websites in just six months.
You would often hear that Kashmir is full of talented youngsters but some are there who go out and prove these words.
Now, counted among one of Kashmir’s youngest entrepreneurs, Akmal Yousuf, 17, stepped into the business of web developing in 2008 not knowing that he is Kashmir’s youngest web developer and entrepreneur.
Sitting in his cozy office at Nowgam Byepass, Akmal is busy in answering the phone calls of his clients. He has named his company ‘Purple Arrow’, a company which deals in Android, Iphone app development, Chrome app development, Android softwares, websites, Iphone softwares, animations, system repair and video editing.
The company was set soon after Akmal completed his first project way back in 2008 when he was 13 only, in the ensuing four years; the company earned Rs 10 lakh thus making Akmal as the youngest millionaire of Kashmir.
“The turnover of the company is been targeted to Rs 1 Crore by the end of this fiscal year with the introduction of app development on all platforms,” says a happy camper Akmal.
Over the last four years, this young lad has made over 27 websites for different organizations.
Zareen Business Systems, Magnificent Kashmir, Aluminum Craft, Daily Gadyal, Optimizers, Suppocean and Itgeek are few of the names of the websites that Akmal has developed and designed.
“I was just 13 when I started business of my own. Being a tech savvy from my childhood, I was inclined to such things and in 2007; I took a book HTML from my sister who was doing BCA and started practicing the codes written in the book,” Akmal explains.
“Now as I have settled my feet fully into this profession, I am planning to do something big for Kashmir and my people,” says Akmal, an 11th standard student pursuing his education at Sir Syed Memorial Higher Secondary School.
He says, if all goes well in Kashmir, his company is mulling to setup a state of art data centre in Kashmir by the end of December. “It will be a kind of an online PC, a room full of servers on which a specific data from anyone can be stored. The project is about 40% done as it will be completed till 2nd December,” he says.
“And I am also planning an online store for 24 hours delivery for Kashmir only. This is the major project I am looking forward this year,” he added.
He says his future project will be very useful for the network providers.
“I won’t go for a plan like earning money, I would like to put an end to unemployment in Kashmir and I would like to be here with my people innovating things. Also I would like to get Kashmir somewhere in stock market, may be my company can make it to there,” Akmal aspires.
Asked about his message to the youngsters, he replied “Your dreams are your employment so whenever you start working on your dream you start earning your employment... Just listen to your heart and keep your brains for exams,” he quipped.

Post a Comment

Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred against any community. Let's work together to keep the conversation civil.

Sponsored

Powered by Blogger.