By: Moazum Mohammad
Srinagar: After spilling the beans about the alleged custodial death of an influential National Conference worker, the prime witness in the case Thursday disclosed that two and half months back Chief Minister Omar Abdullah asked him to ‘keep quiet’ over the money transaction dispute.
The trio including deceased Sayeed Muhammad Yusuf of Loktipora Bijebehara, Abdul Salam Reshi of Akingam Kokernag in south Kashmir and Muhammad Yusuf of Ganderbal were called by Omar Abdullah to his residence last Thursday to discuss the money transaction issue and were later handed over to Crime Branch. The deceased had allegedly promised them ministerial and MLC berth for a price.
Talking to Greater Kashmir, Abdul Salam Reshi asserted that he had complained about money transactions to Chief Minister two and half months back at his residence. However, the CM asked him to “maintain silence” over the issue that time.
“I don’t know as to why I was called in the meeting on Thursday as my compliant was outdated. Even some of my money was returned. Omar sahib talked to me privately in his dining room two and a half months back. After listening about the entire episode, Omar told me to keep quiet saying don’t worry your money will be returned,” he said saying Omar Abdullah asked him the reason for paying the huge amount.
“I told him (Omar Abdullah) that his father (Farooq Abdullah) is aware about the issue. After the meeting, I received 10 lakh rupees from Haji Yousuf in first instalment and similarly after sometime 3.5 lakh and then 10 lakh again,” Reshi told this newspaper.
The Union Minister Farooq Abdullah, he said, telephoned him after he didn’t find his name in the list of MLCs on March 29. “After my name wasn’t in the list, I asked Haji Yousuf to return my money. I was told by Farooq Abdullah on phone that I should be patient. But I refused and demanded money back. Farooq told me that the father of MLC Dr Bashir Ahmad Veeri wept before me for his son so I took him this time. His father is our party member,” he revealed.
“Even I got a congratulation call from National Conference provincial president Ali Muhammad Dar in March. He (Dar) said I was topping the MLC list but later it was changed. I came to know that someone has paid Nazrana (bribe) higher than me,” he added.
“Why I disclose everything this time has only one reason that they killed Sayeed Yousuf who was close confidante of Sheikh Family. Even Haji would call both Omar and Farooq directly from his telephone without the intervention of private secretaries,” he disclosed, saying, “Yousuf knew too much about them. Even three months back he told me about the divorce story of Omar Abdullah.”

Post a Comment

Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred against any community. Let's work together to keep the conversation civil.

Sponsored

Powered by Blogger.