Pale yellow face and white hair
Sitting silent on the rocking chair
Looking toward the bookshelf
I guess he needs some help

Tears rolling down with stammering voice
Why did he leave me without a choice?
I’ve sacrificed my nights and days
Brought him everything whatever he said

Now I have realized what remains in my vault
Why blame anyone it was my fault
Now I have landed in an old-age home
It’s pleasing rather than to roam

Here are hundreds with the same story
I am one among them so why I have to worry
Neither a letter nor a call
They left me here and that’s all

This post first appeared on The Kashmir Pulse

Post a Comment

Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred against any community. Let's work together to keep the conversation civil.

Sponsored

Powered by Blogger.