Srinagar, April 11: Two girls and a boy from Jammu and Kashmir have qualified the Indian Forest Service (IFoS) examination, 2012.
Shaveta Jandial has got fifth position in the examination - the highest ever rank secured by a candidate from the State in the examination.
According to the result declared by the Union Public Service Commission, Dr Bilal Mohi-u-Din Bhat, a young KAS officer, has also qualified the examination.
Shaveta gave the credit of her success to her family and the mother, who is no more.
Hailing from a remote area of Rajouri district of the state, 29-year-old Shaveta has faced difficulties on the family front to become IFoS.
"I am happy -- the credit of my success goes to my family, particularly my deceased mother," Shaveta told PTI on phone from Rajouri tonight.
"Before my mother passed away, even during the period of hospitalisation, she used to force me not to miss any examinations and always stood by me in every decision of mine," she said.
Shaveta, who did her graduation from Rajouri and is M.Sc Botany and M.Phil Pathology from Jammu University, was selected as lecturer in education department and was posted in higher secondary school at Manjakote in Rajouri district.
She faced financial crisis as her father Subash Jandiyal had to sell his shop to meet the expenses of his wife's treatment.
"Whatever I have achieved today, it is because of my mother -- I would have been much more happy had my mother been besides me to celebrate my success," she said, adding "I never thought that I will achieve this but it was my mother's blessings that made me achieve this goal."
Dr Bilal is the only candidate from Kashmir Valley, who has cracked this year’s IFoS exam. He is ranked 23th in the list of 85 selected candidates released by UPSC on Tuesday.
Dr Bilal had earlier cracked Kashmir Administrative Services (KAS) in his first attempt and is presently undergoing training. A veterinary graduate from SKUAST - Jammu, Dr Bilal is son of a senior KAS officer Ghulam Mohiuddin Bhat, presently Additional District Development Commissioner, Budgam.
Renu Bala Sharma of Kathua bagged 9th rank in the examination. Besides the trio, Nisha Goswami, who is presently pursuing her Ph.D programme in the Department of Botany from JU, has secured 66th rank in the examination. Nisha, however, is resident of Uttrakhand.
Meanwhile, Jammu University said its three research scholars - Shaveta, Renu and Nisha - have qualified the examination.
While expressing his satisfaction over performance of these scholars, Vice-Chancellor of JU Prof Mohan Paul Singh Ishar, exhorted upon the student and scholar community to follow the path of hard work, commitment, dedication and sincerity to achieve their best and desired goals.
Pertinently many aspirants from Kashmir have made it to IFoS. Since 2006, Irfan Rasool Wani, Towheed Ahmad Deva and Irfan Ali Shah have cleared the prestigious exam.
As many as 85 candidates, including 28 belonging to other backward classes (OBCs), 14 to the scheduled castes (SCs) and six to the scheduled tribes (STs), have qualified the exam conducted at all-India level.

Post a Comment

Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred against any community. Let's work together to keep the conversation civil.

Sponsored

Powered by Blogger.