Srinagar: Kashmiri Hip Hop music fans received a pleasant surprise with the launch of Kashmir’s first-ever Hip Hop album. 22-year old rapper MC Kash released his self-produced debut album “Rebel RepubliK” through his official website (www.mckashofficial.com) which was also simultaneously launched on November 9.
Containing riveting beats and conscious-raising lyrical poetry, “Rebel RepubliK” seeks to fulfill the expectations of rap purists. The album features ten tracks, including the title song “Rebel RepubliK” and “Listen, My Brother”, a song featuring Kashmiri rock musician and singer Mohammad Muneem and the band Highway 61.
Over the last 4 months, MC Kash has been toiling in the studio on this project often simultaneously putting himself in the roles of songwriter, rapper, and music producer.
Regarding the release of his first album “Rebel RepubliK”, MC Kash says: “These last few years I have been so blessed with people’s willingness to give me a chance and listen to my music and hear what I have to say. What else can an underground Hip Hop artist hope for and how can I ever repay all those thousands of people for gracing me with that kindness? Rebel Republik is a step forward. This album is an attempt to take my work to the next level both in terms of the quality of my music as well as the depth of my message and my expression of love for Kashmir."
"Rebel Republik" is available now for downloading and listening here.

Post a Comment

Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred against any community. Let's work together to keep the conversation civil.

Sponsored

Powered by Blogger.